Being a landlord brings many responsibilities and legal obligations. We are here to help you get the most from your investment and offer a comprehensive range of services for private residential landlords.
Whether you are purchasing a buy-to let property for the first time or are an established landlord with a large number of properties, our team can offer you expert advice and support on the legal issues relating to renting or letting your property.
Landlords rights are complex and problems can quickly arise – make sure you take legal advice as early as possible.
We have exceptional local knowledge and more than 35 years property experience.
We have a highly experienced and specialist team of lawyers who can deal with all matters of concern to landlords of both residential and commercial property. Our commercial experts, property specialists and dispute resolution practitioners work together with clients to ensure that we provide a seamless service dealing with all aspects of leasing property.
- Do you have a lease in place?
- Do the terms of your lease comply with current law regulating landlords and tenants?
- Do the terms of your lease properly protect your interests?
- Do you know what paperwork you should have in place when taking on a new tenant?
- Do you know the rules surrounding houses of multiple occupancy (HMOs)?
- Do you know how to resolve disputes with a tenant such as late or non-payment of rent?
- Do you need help evicting a tenant to take back possession of your property?
How we can help
Whether you are a first time landlord or experienced in property acquisitions and rentals, we are able to give you a one-stop service to assist with:
- Purchasing buy-to-let property
- Drafting both commercial and residential leases
- Reviewing existing leases and tenancy agreements
- Advice and guidance on tenants, whether they are businesses or individuals
- Advice and guidance on managing houses of multiple occupancy (HMOs)
- Selling property with a business or residential tenant in occupancy
- Taking back possession of your property from a tenant
- Dealing with problem tenants
If you would like on-going advice and support, we can tailor a portfolio management package to meet your individual business needs. Alternatively, we are here to deal with any one-off issue you may want help with.
You can be sure that we will respond to your own particular circumstances. Our fees are transparent and in the majority of cases will be fixed from the outset.
If you would like more information or just want a confidential chat about your options, contact our friendly team today.