Our Commercial Property team is a key part of the firm’s service offering to businesses. We cover a full range of legal services needed by professionals in the commercial property sector.
We work with developers and builders, with landlords and with businesses, charities and other organisations requiring owned or leased premises for their operations.
Our clients range from national builders constructing thousands of properties each year to local buy-to-let landlords with a portfolio of a single property. Irrespective of scale we can offer services in a cost effective, reliable and timely manner.
We can assist small and medium size enterprises with the purchase or sale of a business. In most cases commercial premises will be key to the deal, either as an asset or as a potential liability We can also advise on most other aspects associated with a corporate transaction, whether a sale of shares or of assets.
We handle commercial property transactions related to shops, offices, factories, warehouses and farmland whether zoned as greenfield or brownfield sites.
More routine services include advice on:
- Purchase and sale of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Purchase and sale of land and buildings for property development
- Sales of new build properties (plot sales)
- Administration of government backed funding (Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) schemes)
- Right to buy purchases of social housing
- Support with planning applications, agreements, appeals and judicial reviews
- Preparation of licences for building site access and building alterations (including party wall agreements)
- Infrastructure, utilities and wayleave agreements and easements
- Investigations of title including rights of way and restrictive covenants
- Mortgage, re-mortgage and financing
- Security and guarantees for lenders
- Preparation of leases including head leases and under leases
- Landlord and tenant issues, including rent deposits, securities and authorised guarantee agreements
- Lease termination and renewals at landlord or tenant options including assignment, novation and surrender of leases
- Property portfolio management
How we can help
If your business needs our continuing advice and support, we can tailor a portfolio management package to meet your needs. Alternatively, we are here to deal with any one off issues you may need help with.
For more details on how we can help with your commercial property issues, contact our team today.