Our specialist Property team can deal with all aspects of landlord and tenant law. We have the experience to provide practical advice in relation to all aspects of commercial and residential leases.
Our team draws together specialists from commercial law, commercial property, and dispute resolution so that we are able to give you the one-stop service that will make things simpler for you.
The services we can offer include:
• granting and negotiating leases;
• advice regarding assignments, sub-letting, and alterations;
• rent deposit deeds;
• advice on rent reviews;
• advice on service charges;
• lease renewals; and
• lease variations.
Should any dispute occur within the landlord and tenant relationship then we are able to inform you of your options and, if necessary, take the appropriate action to protect your best interests.
By working alongside our other specialist departments we are well equipped to advise you on any planning, construction, litigation or environmental issue.
Ideally, whenever agreeing terms of any lease, prior to drafting the lease, heads of terms should be drawn up and agreed. This will encourage transparency and if applied will lead to transactions being completed more quickly and with fewer conflicts both at the outset and during the course of the lease.
How we can help
We can help you with decisions on issues such as:
- The length of term – How long do you want the commercial lease to last?
- Repair – What state of repair and condition does the property have to be kept in?
- Rent reviews – How is the rent to be reviewed and how often?
- Break clauses – Will the landlord or tenant be able to bring the lease to an end before the term ends?
- Assignment and Sub-letting – Will the tenant be allowed to sell or sub-let the property if needed?
We can also carry out a review of any lease you have been issued with, advise you on the content and highlight any areas you need to be concerned about or seek to negotiate. We can provide this service at a fixed cost – call and ask a member of our team for more details.