Landlord Evictions

Whether you want to evict because of rent arrears, tenant behaviour or you have simply decided to sell your rental property, we can ensure that the correct notice is service in the right way.

We can help with both the accelerated and standard procedure and will use our expertise to make sure that the most appropriate method of gaining possession is used.

Section 21 eviction notices
There are now stringent guidelines around when a landlord can serve a section 21 notice on a tenant. Gone are the days when a section 21 notice could be served at the start of a tenancy agreement to avoid any delay further along. Tenants with new tenancies cannot be served with a section 21 notice within the first 4 months of their tenancy. If this is done, it will be an invalid notice and will delay the repossession process and result in further costs.

As a landlord, you cannot use a section 21 notice if the tenant has lodged a complaint against you for failing to carry out repairs; you must rectify the faults first. This is especially important if you have been served with an Improvement Notice as this will prevent you from serving a section 21 notice for 6months from the date of the Improvement Notice being served.

Section 8, 13 and 21 notice forms have all been amended. If you are using old forms, dated before 6 April 2016, you need to replace them with the new versions as the old forms are now invalid and unenforceable.

Read more

Need to get in touch with us?

How we can help

We can prepare and serve the appropriate notice for you.

If the tenant refuses to leave the property after the court has issues a possession order, we will instruct court bailiffs and advise you when it becomes appropriate to transfer to the High Court officer to evict.

If you would like more information about how we can help with notices and evictions, or you would just like a chat about your options, contact our friendly team today.


Get in touch today