Atherton Godfrey is a leading law practice ranked in both Chambers UK and the Legal 500. We employ around 120 staff in both legal and support roles. As one of the largest law firms in the area, we are able to offer a wide range of career opportunities, with excellent prospects for successful candidates.
Current vacancies at Atherton Godfrey:
I.T and Facilities Manager
IT & facilities manager to lead a small, flexible, multi-skilled team of technicians. Responsible for ensuring satisfactory operation of IT and communications systems, developing some bespoke system applications, maintaining the firm’s office buildings & equipment, overseeing the firm’s health and safety arrangements and providing key elements of office support services.
A commitment to client care is critical.
Some knowledge of facilities management is highly desirable, although this role is more suitable for an IT professional with previous experience of liaison with outsourced service providers, running a “help desk” support service and managing IT operations. This is a broad role which blends strategic oversight with management and performance of operational tasks. Key requirements are:
- A good general level of IT expertise with good knowledge of networking (e.g. Active Directory; DHCP; DNS; MS Exchange), virtualisation (e.g. Hyper-V), server (Windows), data security, back-up and disaster recovery, database (e.g. MS Access; SQL) and office (MS SharePoint and Office) technologies.
- The ability to work flexibly and cooperatively in a small team.
- The ability to routinely undertake certain duties of the team of technicians.
- Some experience of health and safety management would be advantageous.
- Relevant IT qualifications (e.g. MCSE; MCSA; MCP or similar) and evidence of continuing professional development to demonstrate that IT skills are current
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent qualification, or a willingness to undertake such training.
- Current valid driving licence and use of their own car (mileage costs to be reimbursed).
- Ability to cover team members’ duties regarding local deliveries/collections, and occasionally taking staff to clients’ homes for meetings.
- Occasional work outside of normal office hours and at weekends will be required.
I.T. and Facilities Manager job description.
Remuneration will be in excess of £30,000 and will reflect relevant experience.
Please contact our HR deptartment on 01302 320621.
Clinical Negligence Lawyer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 2-5 year PQE to join our Clinical Negligence team. With 3 clinical negligence panel members and a tier 2 ranking in Chambers UK, the team attracts high quality and complex work.
If you think you can enhance our highly skilled team then we would love to hear from you.
Clinical negligence lawyer job description
For more details email Cathy Kennedy or call 01302 320621
Family Lawyer – Finance
Are you an experienced Family Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive?
You will need as minimum of 5 years PQE and experience of acting in relation to divorce, separation and dissolution of civil partnerships on all aspects of finance and financial remedy proceedings.
Also required will be experience of pre-nuptial and separation agreements, living together agreements and TLATA.
Experience of dealing with some private children law and injunctions will be an advantage as will Law Society or Resolution Accreditation.
Good client care skills are essential, together with a willingness to get involved in growing the department.
The work is largely privately funded but some legal aid work will be involved.
Salary is negotiable according to experience.
Download Family Lawyer finance job description
Further details are available from Don Bird (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each year we recruit up to 2 trainee solicitors into training contracts. We are now taking applications for 2019/2020, which should be made initially by submitting a CV and covering letter either by post or email to email@example.com
Applicants should have at least a 2:1 degree and either a place on or have completed the Legal Practice Course.
Closing date: 31 July 2018