Atherton Godfrey is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, registration number SRA638735.
As a regulated law firm, you have the assurance that we will always act professionally, with honesty and integrity and serve the best interests of all our clients at all times.
However, if you feel that this has not been the case with our handling of your matter, you can complain to either the Legal Ombudsman or the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
How do I make a complaint?
In the first instance, you should always raise your concerns directly with us and allow us to try and rectify the situation or offer an explanation. See our complaints procedure for full details.
PLEASE NOTE: Both the Legal Ombudsman and the SRA will expect you to have followed our complaints procedure and allowed us up to 8 weeks to respond fully to your complaint before contacting them.
Complaining to the Legal Ombudsman or SRA
The Legal Ombudsman can help if you are not happy with your solicitors work or the level of service you have received. Examples could include:
- Not replying to your emails, letters or calls
- Losing your documents or giving you unclear advice
- Charging you an amount that is not what was agreed
- Not explaining issues properly so that you can understand
The Legal Ombudsman will also help if you are unhappy with the way the solicitor has handled your complaint or a response you have received from the SRA.
Tel: 0300 555 0333
PO Box 6806
The Solicitors Regulation Authority
The SRA will help in situations where there are concerns about honesty or behaviour, for example:
- Closing down a law firm without telling you
- Dishonesty or deliberately over charging
- Taking or losing your money
- Treating you unfairly because of a protected characteristic (age, disability etc)
Tel: 0370 606 2555
Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street