There could be any number of reasons that you decide to transfer property ownership to someone else and you can transfer property in a number of ways:
- Add people to the title
- Remove people from the title
- Give the property as a gift
- Transfer the property under a Will
Many transactions will be straight forward. However, if there is a loan or mortgage outstanding, or the transfer involves repaying or taking out a secured loan or mortgage on the property, then the situation becomes more complicated. In these cases, we will liaise with the lender to make sure that everything has been completed properly and there will be no problems in the future.
Unfortunately, not all transfers are amicable and in these situations, our expert team can also deal with any disputes that arise between the parties.
How we can help
Our team has many years’ experience in transferring property and will make sure that all the necessary work is carried out so that the transfer progresses smoothly and without the risk of causing problems in the future.
We will give you a fixed price quote for the transfer that will include:
- Obtaining all the necessary forms and ensuring they are completed appropriately
- Submitting a transfer of equity to the current lender
- Drafting a transfer deed
- Obtaining any additional funds and proceeding with the completion
- Registering the new ownership with the Land Registry
- Dealing with any stamp duty that may be payable
- Forwarding you a copy of the title deeds
- Returning original documents to the lender for retention
If you would like to transfer property, contact us today for a free, no obligation chat about your options.