Whatever type of enquiry you have, you are welcome to contact us to discuss the matter. We will not charge you for taking initial information to assess whether we can help. Please contact Lyn Shepherd, our client services assistant, who will be pleased to help you.
Sale, purchase, transfer or re-mortgage of a residential property (freehold or leasehold)
Our fees for residential conveyancing are all done on a fixed fee basis. Our average charges for this type of work are as follows:
Purchase a property
Our charges will be a fixed fee between £425 and £875 plus VAT, depending on the purchase price of the property. In addition, we charge a fee of £30 + VAT for effecting a bank transfer.
•If purchasing a new build an additional £100 plus VAT is charged
• If purchasing a leasehold property an additional £150 plus VAT is charged
• If you are purchasing with a Help to Buy ISA an additional £50 plus VAT per ISA is charged
• If you are purchasing with a Help to Buy Equity Loan an additional £150 plus VAT is charged
Sale of a property
Our charges will be a fixed fee between £475 and £800 plus VAT, depending on the sale price of the property
• If you are selling a leasehold property an additional £150 plus VAT is charged
• If you have a mortgage to discharge an additional £30 plus VAT is charged for effecting a bank transfer
• If you have a solar panel or eco-boiler lease an additional £100 plus VAT is charged
Re-mortgage of a property – £450 plus VAT
Transfer of title
• If your current mortgage lender consents to the transfer – £450 plus VAT
• If you simply require advice on a transfer of title document prepared by another firm – £150 plus VAT
Miscellaneous additional costs
When purchasing or transferring a property, there are additional things that we may recommend putting in place. Examples of these and the fees we charge are:
• Declaration of trust (if purchasing jointly)
• £150 plus VAT if we are acting on your purchase
• £250 plus VAT if we are not acting on your purchase
• Residence agreement – £100 plus VAT
• Occupiers consent – £75 plus VAT
• Redemption of a mortgage (as a standalone matter) – £150 plus VAT
Additional charges (disbursements)
There will be other costs on top of our fees called ‘disbursements’. These are fees and charges that we will need to pay on your behalf as part of the process, such as Land Registry fees. Examples are:
• Office copies – £3 per document. The number of documents required varies depending on the title to a property, however on average the total cost for this is around £9
• Land Registry Registration fee – £20 to £910 (depending on value of the property)
• Our charges for effecting a bank transfer – £30 plus VAT
Stamp duty is calculated on the purchase price of your property and on a number of other factors specific to your circumstances. We will calculate your stamp duty payment and deal with payment of this to HMRC on your behalf. For an idea of the costs involved see HMRC stamp duty calculator.
• Within South Yorkshire – £211
• Final searches – £7
We will be able to calculate the total cost of your transaction once we have all the information from you that we need.
Please note that our charges listed above relate only to registered property. If your property has an unregistered title, please contact us for a specific quote.
Who will be doing the work?
Sarah Naylor, head of department
Gareth Giles, department supervisor
Rachel Wilkins, solicitor
Emma Millington, solicitor
Tracie Croft, legal executive
Lyn Shepherd, new client supervisor
If you think that our prices look high compared to some other providers, we would ask you to consider the work involved, the implications of you or us missing something, the deadlines involved and a number of other factors in the complex conveyancing process, before comparing us on price alone.
Please do look at some of the client feedback we have on our conveyancing services, we consistently deliver a very high quality service tailored to your transaction. To us, each client is an individual and we understand that buying or selling a house can be a very stressful time. We will provide you with all the guidance and reassurance you need, and you can be sure that your matter is in good hands.
Please contact us for your tailored quote. We will give you a total cost inclusive of everything and guarantee that there are no hidden extras.
If any additional expenses do become necessary during your transaction we will let you know in advance and discuss this with you.